• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Yet another embarrasing groin question

Jamshyd

Bluelight Crew
I ask this on BL because the last thing I ever want is a doctor looking at my groin :\

Lately I've been noticing a pink patch between my right thigh and the base of my dick. It sometimes burns (especially when I've been wearing the same pants for work for a long time), which initially made me think it was just friction burn. But the biggest problem about it is that it produces a very distinct and disgusting odour. It doesn't matter how much I wash it or bathe, anytime I touch it and smell my finger, I get nauseated. It smells like very stale sweat, but again no matter how much I wash, it will always stink that way.

For this reason, I am expecting it might be a fungal infection. If that may be the case, does anyone know of a good OTC antifungal? I actually heard that vagisil works fine for a lot more than just what it was marketed for.

Sorry for the Ickyness, thanks in advance for any replies :/

From what you describe it sounds familiar to something me and a few of my friends had last year. We surf and we beleive we all got it from leaving wet board shorts on for too long..
I didn't notice a smell but the itching was outrageous!
Anyway...the cure for us...was vinegar...we just applied it to a cotton ball then dabbed it on...
It burns like hell but it cured it within 2-3 days.

Give it a go, might work for you to...

I ask this on BL because the last thing I ever want is a doctor looking at my groin :\

Why in the world would a Physician examining your groin bother you?!?!?

It sounds as if you have an infection. It could be bacterial or fungal so if you are really opposed to going to have it checked out then try something over the counter. Personally I would ask a pharmacist what they would recommend. You definitely don't want it to spread or get worse though, so if there is any sign it's going deeper than just the surface get to a Doctor!

Once it's cleared up you might want to try dusting some corn starch or talc free powder along your thighs and anywhere else you get moist throughout the day to help absorb it.

[Edit: Actually, after more thought, moisture is generally what causes this problem in the first place (heat rash gets infected). OTC creams might clear it up, but it's much better to use a powdered form of anti-fungal treatment (like Nystatin) for that sort of thing if it's in a place that is prone to collect moisture throughout the day. I think they're available by prescription only though. Make sure you practice good hygiene and hand washing any time you touch the area too.]

Last edited:
Try tea tree oil. Antibacterial, antifungal, and it smells good! If that does not work then get it checked out. Actually, you should probably get it checked out as soon as possible. It might not even be an infection.

I will most definitely do the Tea Tree oil and the vinegar thing first, and see what happens.

It definitely didn't spread, or go deeper (no pain) in the past month or so I've had it.

As for why I don't want a doctor looking at it, honestly I don't know why I'm so disturbed by the idea. Maybe it is just my general derision towards doctors.